Wednesday, October 1, 2008

21 years,7 hours and 17 minutes ago.........

Taelor Jo Bishop
was born!!!
With all this craziness with Kelly I wanted to take a moment and celebrate my first born! I couldn't have wished for a better first baby. I remember that the first thing I "knew" when I looked into her eyes--that she had a very "old" and peaceful spirit. I don't know how else to describe it.She was so sweet, slept through the night and was a Daddy's girl from the first minute. She is now the big 21--when did that happen?! I love the song from Fiddler on the Roof--Sunrise, Sunset and the line in it that says, "I don't remember growing older--when did they?" Yes, I am feeling very sappy sentimental like. Here are a few of my favorite pictures:


With Grandpa Bob (my Dad)



I was getting ready to take them in for a Christmas picture--this just cracked me up. So much like who they were. Nat was always the clown and Tae would always "smile pretty" no matter what was going on--as long as a camera was pointed at her!


This was the Christmas she went around asking what everyone wanted for Christmas--we couldn't figure out what was up--it wasn't like she had any money or anything. Then when we took them to the mall to see Santa--she gave home her list--all that was on it was what everyone else said they wanted--

Here they are on a couch, at Christmas, again! The girls give such a hard time about how "boofy" and full of bows and ribbons their hair was. What can I say--I had a hard time leaving the 80's?!

This was in 2002, the year little Angel Bean came into our lives. Taelor was sooo good with her--they were and are very special buddies. Tae was the one that came up with the nickname Bean. Look at those cute cheeks!!

Graduation 2005

She is the child who is least like me. She truly is a carbon copy of her father. They look, think and act exactly alike. She isn't one to get spazzy excited or talk a whole lot. Sometimes I'm pretty sure, just like her father, she is just tolerating me--cuz she loves me. She has always been the heart of our home. We have had our share of ups and downs. I am so very grateful that ultimately she chose me to be her mother and that we have had the opportunity to share this earthly experience for the last 21 years. Thanx for being such a a patient first child. I love you Tater-Tot--Happy Birthday!

11 comments:

Pancake said...

What a cutie!! Happy Birthday!!

Little GrumpyAngel said...

Lisa, your cup runneth over with beautiful daughters! What a sweet tribute to Taelor ---and I think the way you spell her name rocks. She was such a cute baby/little girl in these pictures and such a beautiful young woman now. Isn't it wonderful when daughters are like their dads? It can be tricky to the relationship but ultimately awesome. Afterall, they mirror the man we love the most, so not possible to not to love them. I'm saying this because my daughter is her dad's daughter to the max :-) It drives me carzy on one hand then on the other hand it makes me adore her.

I think we were friends before this world :-) I think we decided you'll have a daughter October 1 and years later I will have a daughter October 2. Then that will be our sign that we met before. Okay, I'm mostly being weird, but who knows?

Boyd Family said...

Thanks for sharing....but my babysitter grew up!!! WOW, she is beautiful!! Yikes, she is hot!! Taelor, remember the time I was driving you home from a babysitting adventure and I hit that dog late at night? How scary was that? Happy Birthday

onlymehere said...

Oh, I've missed a couple of posts! I'll be back after work to read those. I hadn't even thought of it as a "tender mercy!" I love that talk by Elder Bednar. Your comment made my day! When we built the house I designed in the fruit room. It's really skinny but I had to squeeze it in the budget so I'm just glad to have it!! See you later today!

Redhoodoos said...

Pretty pretty girl. Happy Birthday!

onlymehere said...

She's a very pretty girl. Happy birthday!! My first child is actually tooooooo much like me and we drive each other nuts! Do we love each other, sure but we can both be so darn bull headed when we think we're right! LOL! Many times I've wished he was a little more like his father!

Anonymous said...

AAAWWW...SHE IS GORGEOUS!!!! I LOVE THOSE PICTURES!!!!

onlymehere said...

Shania Greenwood is a fictional character in a soap opera that another blogger, French, is writing and posts chapters on periodically. She has several bloggers that she included as characters. I requested to be a rich socialite with so much plastic surgery that her face won't move anymore and a perfect body! I've always wanted to be rich and have a nice body and it's so far away from what I really am that I thought it'd be fun. I haven't had time to read more than the introduction though bz work has really picked up! Hope she keeps it clean but in a soap opera I'm a little worried LOL! Oops, timer is going off and it's back to work for me!! LOL!

Lisa Loo said...

Thanx for the happy wishes! Since I am sort of a geek (okay--a real geek) I find it really interesting--the nature verses nuture argument, and what that manifests itself like in our family dynamics. Especially where my husband is gone half the year.
Marivic--I love your sweet thoughts and and find it especially tender that you find it a way for us to recognize each other here on earth!

Carla said...

Love to her, and her mama! (what a beauty)

tiki_lady said...

oh my goodness, she is beautiful! what a great tribute to her! You both are lucky to have each other.

Ok, I think its official. I like ya!