Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Laugh Out Loud

I admit it--I'm a lurker and a skimmer. I roam around the Internet enjoying my anonymity. Anyways--very few things make me laugh out loud, you know--the kind of laugh that bursts from your throat before you can make sure you won't have milk spurting out your nose. My taste in humor runs along the Spamalot, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Frasier and Tim Allen. Try and figure that one out!! ANYWAYS--I found a blog called Overheard In the Ward and the very first posting is my new favorite funny. I am going to share it here--hope that is not illegal. You probably need to be familiar with the bible....and LDS terminology.....

Sunday June 29, 2008
YOU DON"T WANT TO KNOW WHAT THE IRON ROD DOES
Primary Teacher: (showing a picture of the Good Shepherd)Who can tell me who this is?
Kid: That's Jesus the Whacker!
Primary Teacher: (puzzled) You mean he takes the sheep out for a walk?
Kid: (pointing to the shepherd's crook) No, when one of the sheep tries to get away from Jesus, he whacks them with it so they won't go!

Overheard by: NOT leaving the fold. Ever.


I have been laughing over this for a day and a half.

2 comments:

Richard Jackman said...

Thanks for quoting us. Please link to us... Overheard In The Ward

Lisa Loo said...

I would love to--how do you do that?