Wednesday, August 13, 2008

What is a julius and why do I want one?!!!!!?

NATALIE--1990

I am not assuming that anyone was watching---but just in case--sorry it has been awhile since I posted. I am finally back home in Montana--yeah--and my laundry is almost caught up so I thought I would post a little something till I can spend a little more time.

I have been in Utah and got a chance to spend some time with my number 2 child--who is living in Provo. She has been a character since she popped out. She use to sit there and for no reason--just start howling--that's what the picture above is of. She has continued to entertain throughout her life. She is very gifted actress and has a testimony that the Gospel is true the size of Texas. I think she even thinks Utah is true! She was just made the RS Pres in her ward. She is a great athlete and played soccer for SVU last fall. She has been to Girls State and on bank Junior boards and sparkles and glows and is usually center stage wherever she goes. She is my child that shares my soul, my flair for the dramatic and my sense of humor--but a newer and improved model. She did not however--get my flirting gene. Most of the time I am glad--but her attempts at dating and encounters with the opposite sex have been mostly, well-- not good, (which I am pretty sure that Heavenly Father just wants to make sure she is saved for Mr. Right)--but really funny all the same. I just wanted to give you a little background before I share this next part (with her permission).

So Joe (name has been changed to protect the innocent) asks her out on a date to go indoor rock climbing. Great so far. They arrive and Natalie goes up first--right to the top--while Joe belays her. Then it is her turn to belay him. The whole time she is being a cheerleader--telling him he can do it etc. He gets about 3/4 of the way up and tells her he wants to come down. She yells back up,"Keep going man--I know you've got this--I'll buy you a Julius if you make it to the top!" So he gamely makes another attempt--but doesn't make it and tells her again--he wants to come down. She responds with more of the same. It goes on for a couple of more attempts and when Nat yells out her cheerleader speech again and he turns to her and says, "WHAT IS A JULIUS AND WHY DO I WANT IT??!! LET ME DOWN!!" Can you just see this poor boy looking around hoping to catch someones eye that will save him from this Nazi wall climber??!! So she finally lets him down and he just collapses on the ground and just lays there in a heap. And although he said he could no longer move his arms this gem of a guy gallantly takes her for an ice cream like they had planned before he was stripped of his ego and muscles. I don't know--this just really cracked me up. Our whole family loves to burst out at random moments with, "What is a Julius and why do I want it??!!" Needless to say--I am not worried about her getting too involved with anyone--most boys do not respond well to being cut off at the knees even if it is unintentional! WOW--that took up way more time and space than I thought it would.....

Thanx for letting me share that Nat--I love you mostest--you are my hero!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is so FUnny!! I LOVE IT!!!

Boyd Family said...

You go Natalie!!

Little GrumpyAngel said...

That is very funny! Go, Natalie! I admire your daughter for being a strong, can-do type of girl. I see her photo on your side bar and she is beautiful! Someday she is going to meet the most incredible prince who's looking for a girl just like her. Unfortunately she might have to kiss a few more frogs till then... :-)

Redhoodoos said...

That's awesome. I LOVE orange julius. Mmmm.

She's a pretty pretty girl!

Carla said...

LOL;)